Older code release location

Topics: Question
Feb 24, 2016 at 10:02 PM
Hi, as I've mentioned, fantastic work! I'm trying to locate one of your earlier releases that only streamed jpeg images. Is it still available?

Reason: I want to study the jpeg streaming technique when the code was much smaller.
Again, you rock and thank you!!
Coordinator
Feb 24, 2016 at 10:53 PM
Edited Feb 24, 2016 at 10:55 PM
Glad to see you!

Each version released is available from source control via a TFS Client or via Http here

There's really not much which changed in the RFC2435Frame over the course of development, mostly code was added to handle single quantization tables and cases when more than 2 tables are used.

There were also some changes for the DRI marker and changes to support RFC2035 types but after some discussion with the IETF it was determined that the RFC2035 and RFC2435 profiles were not supposed to support general JPEG transmission, only a limited subset so I left well enough alone and proceeded on writing a new rfc for general JPEG transmission but stopped because it seems that Onvif already has a way to extend the profile where it's needed.

If something is giving you some problems just let me know what and I'll take a look.
Marked as answer by juliusfriedman on 2/24/2016 at 3:53 PM
Coordinator
Mar 11, 2016 at 5:08 PM
Edited Mar 11, 2016 at 5:08 PM
Hey, I made a few updates.

I plan on a bunch more and it would be helpful to see how the library needs to work for raw udp.

If you could post a few Wireshark captures of the clients sending and receiving through the server I will see about ensuring that type of transport is supported out of the box for everyone at both the rtp and rtsp level.

Any other suggestions would also be useful and appreciated!

Thanks again for your interest!
Marked as answer by juliusfriedman on 3/11/2016 at 10:08 AM