Source appears to be in an unbuildable state

Topics: Question
Dec 8, 2015 at 3:25 PM
I never found a release download, so I just snagged the source and attempted to build, but I have not been able to. It appears that a bunch of projects are missing from the solution (media.codecs.audio.wave.csproj), a handful of missing files(e.g. Codecs\Video\Jpeg\Marker.cs), and Visual Studio is not so happy about some duplicate assembly attributes (CS0579) . It appears that maybe there were some project/assembly changes that got excluded from a check-in.
Coordinator
Dec 8, 2015 at 7:43 PM
Thanks for the headers up, I will check into this ASAP.

Do know what version you downloaded?
Marked as answer by juliusfriedman on 12/8/2015 at 12:43 PM
Dec 8, 2015 at 8:01 PM
Yes, I got it just this morning, so the latest changeset is 111792.

Thank you,
Josh Usovsky
Coordinator
Dec 8, 2015 at 8:38 PM
Not a problem, it seems you are trying to build the main 'Media' project which is not yet supported to build.

Ensure you have the latest code @ https://net7mma.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/111799 It should contain 54 projects, from there the start up project will be 'UnitTests' which should show you how the other projects are referenced.

Right now you will have to select the libraries you need and reference them from the solution where your doing your project, this will eliminate the libraries you don't need.

Eventually the Media project will build all sub projects and classes into itself as well as a few additional command line utilities but until then model after the UnitTests solution.

If you need anything else let me know!
Marked as answer by juliusfriedman on 12/8/2015 at 1:38 PM
Dec 8, 2015 at 9:18 PM
Ah! I went looking through that project and it looked like it was supposed to be an assembly to contain everything, so that explains it. I unloaded Media and everything builds without issue.

Thank you,
Josh Usovsky
Coordinator
Dec 10, 2015 at 12:39 PM
Glad you got it working, if you needed anything else let me know.
Marked as answer by juliusfriedman on 12/10/2015 at 5:39 AM