How to start recording of rtsp source to local drive with splitting.

Topics: Question
Oct 15, 2015 at 1:11 PM
Hi,

First of all it is a great solution. I have downloaded 111212 build and was trying to record the video to local drive from rtsp source but failed. Can you please guide me to get this done.
Coordinator
Oct 15, 2015 at 1:39 PM
Check out the RtpTools project, there is a reader and writer which handle this scenario.

Beyond that I am not sure what you would need.

Take care!
Marked as answer by juliusfriedman on 10/15/2015 at 5:39 AM
Oct 19, 2015 at 4:18 PM
Edited Oct 19, 2015 at 4:26 PM
Hi, Actually I am trying to record video in MP4 format to local drive from RTSP source(RTSP source from Hikvision DVR) in 10 minutes chunk means it should record 10-10 minutes of video from RTSP source. I need 10 minutes chunk as my DVR goes disconnected automatically due to network issue.

overall I am trying to record/save the camera video in MP4 format on local drive with 10 minutes duration.

I need this solution as I want to show the video chunk of 10 minutes each on web using HTML5 player.

Can you please guide me to get this done using MMA tool? It will be great if you can provide us a live demo for the same.

Thanks,
Coordinator
Oct 21, 2015 at 8:07 PM
There is not a writer for the MP4 or Base Media File Format yet, although there are plans to implement one.

The high level would involve de-packetization of the data and then writing of a 'moof' box followed by track fragment box and the samples for that fragment.

The only codec supported across all browsers I believe at this time is H.264, thus if the source is not H.264 it must first be trans-coded to such.

Recently some people have expressed interest in having this feature among others developed, depending on what your willing to contribute you may want to join the project, otherwise you will just have to wait until the features are completed and allowed to be released.
Marked as answer by juliusfriedman on 10/21/2015 at 12:07 PM