MP4 container

Topics: Question
Jan 21, 2015 at 12:23 AM
Edited Jan 21, 2015 at 10:08 PM
I'm still trying to figure out AAC but i'd like to get started on the container.

So now that i have a h264 and a pcm streams, what would i need to save them into an mp4?

Have you ever used the Windows.Media.Transcode API from microsoft ?

thanks.
Coordinator
Jan 26, 2015 at 9:03 AM
Edited Jan 26, 2015 at 9:17 AM
There aren't any writing classes yet except for rtp dump.

I kinda explained it in the thread about aac, it would need to be done manually as this time.

I have played with just about every media api available, they all have various shortcomings and none of them work nicely together :-( and Yes I have but it's not available in Mono so I don't use it here.

If your doing things on different platforms e.g. desktop vs silverlight this gets worse and then if you even have to think about changing to mono everything has to change yet again.

It's totally possible to use media foundation or transcode api with the rtp and rtsp clients, and I even am fairy sure transcode does use media foundation under the hood.

If you need anything at all let me know!
Marked as answer by juliusfriedman on 1/26/2015 at 1:03 AM
Coordinator
Jan 26, 2015 at 9:21 PM

There aren't any writing classes yet except for rtp dump.

I kinda explained it in the thread about aac, it would need to be done manually as this time.

I have played with just about every media api available, they all have various shortcomings and none of them work nicely together :-(

If your doing things on different platforms e.g. desktop vs silverlight this gets worse and then if you even have to think about changing to mono everything has to change yet again.

It's totally possible to use media foundation or transcode api with the rtp and rtsp clients, and I even am fairy sure it does under the hood.

If you need anything at all let me know!