displaying video live view

Topics: Question
Dec 4, 2014 at 11:49 PM
once I receive the video frames and depacketize them, how would i display the frames or stream to a picturebox (or another control if picturebox is the wrong control to use) in order to get a liveview ? thanks.
Coordinator
Dec 5, 2014 at 12:00 AM
It really doesn't matter per-say, however you can draw to screen you can draw to screen.

This library only provides a way to get the data ready for a Decoder so that is can then be put on screen.

For JPEG There is a System Decoder which can be used, for other formats you will have to find a Decoder.

I will be working on Decoders and Encoders but I have to finish with Containers first!

I suspect by the end of the month that I should be fairly close to Demuxer and Muxer will take another few weeks.

Decoder and Encoder will be after that and I would suspect another month or two at least in between each major release if not more.

If you need anything else let me know!
Marked as answer by juliusfriedman on 12/4/2014 at 4:00 PM
Dec 5, 2014 at 12:08 AM
great ! will you have mp4 container soon ?
Coordinator
Dec 5, 2014 at 12:11 AM
I can read the Base Media File Format (up to fragmented files) with no issue.

I will be adding support for fragmented files very soon.

Then Demuxing for playback through the server must be working (complete with fast forward, rewind etc.)

Then I can work on Muxing (writing) to any supported container format!
Marked as answer by juliusfriedman on 12/4/2014 at 4:11 PM
Dec 5, 2014 at 12:36 AM
Edited Dec 5, 2014 at 12:36 AM
Great, looking forward to it. btw, have you used Bento SDK before ? Does that work well for the purpose of writing streams to mp4 container ?
Coordinator
Dec 5, 2014 at 12:52 AM
Unfortunately I have not.

I have taken a quick look and it looks clean and like it could solve your problem but I don't know much more about it.

It looks like it only supports MP4 / Base Media whereas this library supports many other types of containers for reading and eventually writing.

That library also doesn't support decoding, only packetizaton and depacketization.

If you needed to hack something up to make a MP4 you could write something like [MFRA][MOOF][MDAT] [Sample] for each one with this library I just don't have an example I can provide yet or a class to do the work for you as of yet but it is coming!

If you need anything else let me know!
Marked as answer by juliusfriedman on 12/4/2014 at 4:52 PM
Dec 5, 2014 at 1:09 AM
cool thanks !