Implementing the Server to stream the Webcam on Windows Visual Studio C#

Topics: Question
Mar 27, 2016 at 10:46 PM
Hi,

First I would like to thank you for these resources. I was guided to here after a struggle in implementing a live stream communication through UDP. I am in love with the learning part but I never worked on such a big app and currently I am able to send a string message from the client, and receive a string message back from the server using my own implementation. Now I want to stream live video from the server instead of sending back a string message.

I want to stream my Webcam from a C# Server to a mobile application as a Java Client. I know that from the Java side, a simple object VideoView can take a URI as a resource. From the C# side however, I have no idea what to do and I am lost. I want to implement your Server since someone recommended it and mentioned that it can provide a URI (which the Java client side. can use). I don't know if I should I download your whole project and start from there or to drop all my current code and start from scratch. Maybe I need to include your files with mine? Where do you I start? Please and Thanks
Coordinator
Mar 28, 2016 at 1:53 PM
Thanks for your interest in the project.

Yes, it seems using the server may be the easiest bet if the java side already supports rtsp via a Uri.

If you check out the unit tests project there is an example of how to use the server as well as the rtsp and rtp clients alone.

That will give you the start you need to test and ensure the java side will be able to communicate back with the c# side.

The specific projects you need are pretty much everything included in the source but depending on the codec(s) you want to support you may actually need a few more classes.

Everything you need for jpeg is included besides the encoder and decoder, I currently use GDI via System.Drawing to achieve the encoding and decoding.

Let me know if that gives you enough information and how else I can help.

Sincerely,
Julius
Marked as answer by juliusfriedman on 3/28/2016 at 5:53 AM