Simple Rtsp stream to bitmap

Topics: Question
Sep 22, 2015 at 10:30 AM
Hi. I am a programming pseudonewb (not totally newb, definetely not advanced).
I need to access a rtsp stream and extract the images for further management, the stream link is in this format: rtsp://xx.xx.xx.x:yyy/onvif/profile/media.smp
I got really defeated by the complexity of this library, and I would appreciate if you could assist me. I do not need any server/client communication, just a way to read the stream and extract it's images, preferrably as bitmap but any format will do.
Thanks a lot for your time!
Coordinator
Sep 22, 2015 at 3:05 PM
Thanks for your interest in the library. I am quite confused on your response but if you could comment on the "Complexity of the library" it would probably benefit such statements. As far as extraction of images for display, you can only extract JPEG and possibly RBG RAW Images as of yet using only the facilities present in this library unless you have other decoding mechanisms in place.

Take care.
Marked as answer by juliusfriedman on 9/22/2015 at 8:05 AM
Sep 23, 2015 at 7:08 AM
Hi. Thanks for your reply, my question was how can I actually achieve that (in code of course)? I can obtain Mjpeg and H.264 streams, but I have no clue how to deserialize them using your library. I need to obtain the frames for image processing.

Thank you for your time.
Coordinator
Sep 23, 2015 at 4:17 PM
There are examples of such for JPEG, MJPEG and a few others already, check the UnitTests solution.
Marked as answer by juliusfriedman on 9/23/2015 at 9:17 AM